2.01.2013

Para kay B

It was greedy. I was greedy to ask for more than you are willing to give. I should have been grateful that you stayed. I should have appreciated that time no matter how fleeting it felt, no matter how heartbreaking it appealed, no matter how desperate I might sound remembering all these things vividly. I should have said my thank you. Genuinely. Conclusively.
You had been fair and gentle not to abruptly break it to me. What we have - a recycled past love - was ironically not there. I was forgetful to dream in its absence. I was selfish to believe it was mine. You were mine.
Now, I am nursing remorse in my bosom. I haven’t told you how blessed I was to know a real man, to experience the comfort of too much tenderness, and to believe in pinky promises and hopes made in paradise. I regretted not telling you I love you and it wasn't wrong not to love me back.

1 comment: